Laundry detergent pods are poisoning thousands of kids per year. A study published in the Official Journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics yesterday shows that over 700 children went to the hospital after eating detergent pods. But a team at UGA has known about this danger for the past two years. Dr. Pamela Turner from the UGA College of Family and Consumer Sciences published a video in 2012 warning parents to keep these laundry pods away from their kids. These pods are especially dangerous because of their tempting colors and packaging. The Georgia Center for Poison Control told us that they have received hundreds of calls since January from parents whose kids have eaten the pods. Tune in to Mock Show FiveSeventy to find out why these pods are so dangerous, and how you can keep your kids safe.