Marli Collier

About Us

“True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country.” -Kurt Vonnegut 

While many people in America hate politics, I thrive on it. I’ve been a political junkie since high school, and I remember the first time truly being invested in an election in 2008. Since then, I’ve attended rallies, canvassed, written articles, studied speeches and analyzed voting trends. It’s fascinating and addictive, and I have no plans of quitting.

I’ve interned on and off the Hill and caught the bug for that D.C. excitement. The city is gorgeous and full of our nation’s history. I’m a history dork, so running past the Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials on the weekends never got old.

Here at UGA, I’m involved in the Student Government Association. Most recently as a director of Greek outreach and part of the social media team, I helped the Ignite executive ticket get elected. I’m also a copy editor for UGAzine, the student produced magazine and a member of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority.

In my spare time, I love reading, kickboxing and traveling. My most recent trip was to Prague, Czech Republic. While there I wrote about the foreign view of the 2016 election and the surprising Czech views of Donald Trump. I’m constantly on Twitter and am rarely seen without a Diet Coke in my hand.

After graduation, I hope to move to D.C. to pursue a career in political communications and strategy. I plan to attend law school in the future.