Severe Storm Brewing and Headed to Athens
It may not look like much right now, but the storm is brewing and coming to Athens soon. Stay up to date with the severe weather warnings here!
Tips to Stay Safe During the Storm:
Blast From The Past? Looking at Top 3 Weather Scares of 2017 in Southeast:
1. January 6-7, 2017
- Winter weather swept through North Georgia with dozens of power outages, tree falls, inches of freezing rain and snow.
2. January 21, 2017
- 18 Killed by severe storms & tornadoes.
3. February 28-March 1, 2017
- Five dozen tornadoes tore through Midwest, South and East.
- This outbreak was the largest severe weather outbreak in over 5 years.
Reactions from University of Georgia Students About the Storm: